My name is Melissa. I am a homeschooling SAHM of 2 great kids. I am married to a wonderful man who serves as Worship Pastor of Life Point Church in Blountville, TN. We have an interesting life. We’ve been blessed with the learning curve of having a child with special needs. This is our journey through autism, ministry and my ever-growing walk with God’s shaping and molding. Which has me constantly asking, “Do WHAT, Lord?”
50 Things About Me
1) I love to can my own foods
2) I can knit (sorta) but can’t for the life of me crochet
3) I LOVE to work on cars
4) I have a sarcastic sense of humor
5) I said that I was going to marry Tevis the first time I saw him (And I did 3 years later)
6) I have had 2 children, 1 stillborn and 6 miscarriages
7) I would LOVE to live off grid
8) I like to write as long as I can keep an organized thought
9) We are a special needs family
10) I would love to adopt at least 2 children. Preferably with special needs.
11) I was raised on a farm
12) I am a rare woman who likes to get power tools for gifts
13) I cannot style hair to save my life
14) I struggle with my weight
15) I would love to go hunting with my husband (we’ve just never had the chance to yet)
16) I was classically trained on the piano. Just can’t play very well anymore
17) I’m a singer who was raised in a family of people who sang 😉
18) I like to drive big trucks
19) I would like to drive a rig
20) I do not like tropical locations. I prefer the mountains and snow.
21) Winter is my favorite season
22) I am the oldest of my siblings
23) I had never been a parent before, until Destiny was born
24) I love muscle cars
25) My favorite flower happens to be a weed that grows on the side of the road and I don’t know the name of.
26) I love mini dachshunds.
27) I am far from the definition of normal
28) I kill cacti
29) I am a recovering packrat
30) I love cartoons…I am known to watch them without kids.
31) My favorite color is green.
32) I LOVE the Smokie Mountains.
33) I love to work with helping young wives and mothers learn about their God-given role as a help meet.
34) I want to do short-term mission work in South Korea, China, & Taiwan.
35) I have an obsession with canning jars.
36) Special Needs Ministry is a soft spot of mine.
37) I love to cook
38) I love to have a big garden (that actually survives. Always a perk!)
39) I love to try new foods as long as the texture isn’t too weird
40) My husband is my hero
41) I self-evaluate too much
42) I’m a homebody for the most part, but LOVE to entertain!
43) I really don’t like to shop
44) My favorite eateries are the ones that barely pass health code and everybody knows everybody
45) I write poetry
46) I would love to live at the end of a seasonal road
47) The Appalachian Mountains is our dream place to live (in a cabin)
48) I actually like to mop. Especially when the floor is all muddy.
49) I love baby goats
50) I want to live my life according to God’s law and be what he calls me to do. It’s still a work in progress