Ahh, the freshness of a new year. Don’t you just love it? It’s like the new car smell or that of a newly cleaned house, ready to settle into. I love the beginning of the year. I start getting the itching early in December when it dawns on me that new seed catalogs should come rolling in soon. Oh how I love that! Yet, I hold off (as best I can) until New Year’s Day to crack those beautiful catalogs open, pen and marker in hand, ready to circle and write all through it…and dream. THAT is what really sets my gears turning for the upcoming year.
I don’t do resolutions. I despise them. To me, the emphasis put on them puts extra pressure on yourself and they set you up for failure. Then you beat yourself up afterwards when you don’t do a complete 180 within a short period of time or you don’t stick to it. If you have had a habit for a long period of time, it’s not going to change overnight. We like to set personal and family goals. We set short term (6 months to a year) and long term goals (1 year +). Do we always achieve them? HA! No. But, that’s okay. It was something that we set for ourselves and strived for. So then, we give ourselves a little more time or adjust it accordingly.
We haven’t been able to sit down yet and go over our goals for this year. But, for me, I know what I’m going to strive for. So, what do I want to do?
1) Yes, get healthy is on my list. My sister’s wedding is in May. Besides that, I need to get healthy for me and break some very bad habits. I will not set a target weight or anything like that. My goal is just to make better eating choices.
2) Work hard (this year) at my garden. I want to really focus on having plenty of healthy foods to choose from and to put up for winter for my family.
3) Start playing piano again. Also, learn to read cord sheets so I can help Tevis when he needs it.
4) I would like to write more. I haven’t been very consistent at all with posting. I would like to find a rhythm with it and stick to it.
What would I like to do with my family:
1) Do a regular Bible study with Destiny. Just she and I.
2) Have regular date nights with Tevis.
3) Go camping a few times this year.
4) Have more Nerf battles with Hunter.
5) Do a Bible study with Hunter. Just he and I.
6) Find balance and healthy consistency within our craziness.
Now, will these all be for this year? No. Some will take more time than others. Remember when I said if the habit has been for a long time, it will take awhile to change it? Some of these fall under that category. Time management ISN’T one of my strong points. That’s okay though. It’s on my list under finding balance.
Please check in with me and see how I’m doing. Hold me accountable. I love accountability. Yes, I will throw a fit when you are first holding me to it, but I really do love it. So, what are some of your goals that you and your family have? I would love to hear. =) Be Blessed!